Monday, November 19, 2012

Week of 11/19


                                                       Crusader’s Devotional

                                                           11-19-12/Monday

Have you ever wondered why one man walks with Christ and another does not? Why one man is sad and another man happy? One man may be prosperous and yet another poor and miserable. The answer is pretty fundamental. It’s the way we think, our thoughts and even more so the way we believe. My Grandfather, a man of few words but many sayings once said “When pigs fly.” See I was trying to ride this gentle but unbroken filly with just a lead rope. I hit the ground faster than I could say, “Wished I hadn’t done that.”

 I do not known why this one saying stuck in my head but it has been there for about forty years now. In researching this saying, I found that it is called an idiom. Idioms are used to indicate that something is highly unlikely ever to happen or that it will never happen. It is a Scottish proverb. In fact, I have been so taken by these words that there is a flying pig in my kitchen, sadly only made of plaster but still a symbol to the thought that my whole live has been a pig in flight.  

I have been told what was possible for me and what was well out of my reach. I was considered by some as the black sheep of the family, the rebel, the one that was more bad than good. All this went in one ear and straight out the other. Do you know why? I believed in God, I knew that he believed in me even more. I had dreams that I knew were somehow going to come into being and when they did they were even more than I had dreamed, but in a totally different way than I had planed. Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lords purpose that prevails. (Proverbs 19:21).

Throughout the bible we have instructions on our thoughts. Meditate on God’s word (read your bible), Give thanks in all circumstances. Take your thoughts captive (Control your thoughts). Always remind yourself of God’s promises and faithfulness when we meditate and pray.

Never listen to the hateful, frustrated, distorted and twisted person who’s spirit is out of tune with God’s will. He resents those who are peaceful, happy and loving. Most the time he will criticize, condemn those that have been kind to him. Sounds like the devil himself, the deceiver of truth.

There is nothing wrong with positive thinking as long as your thinking is on the positive power and promise of the Lord. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9).

 

Your pigs can fly to if only your courage is stronger than your fears. Have faith in the holy spirit and not in yourself. Give thanks for everything you have and forgiveness to everyone you know.

 

Remember: A horse is prepared for the day of battle, but victory comes from the lord. (Proverbs 21:31)

 

                                            Grace to you and peace from God.

                                    In the name of Jesus Christ of the Nazarene.

                                              Cowboy Pastor Ty Nazarenus

No comments:

Post a Comment