Monday, December 10, 2012

week of 12/10


                                                   Crusaders Devotional

                                                        12-10-12/ Mon

 

Well, here we are half way through the Advent season. First let me make sure that were all in the same corral. Advent is the period beginning four Sundays before Christmas and ending on Christmas Eve. Advent means coming and it’s for preparation for Christmas. The celebration of Christ’s first coming and also looking ahead to the second coming.

 

Now the “preparation” does not mean Office parties, bad fruit cake and pound packing egg nod. It does not mean packages, ribbons boxes and bows. It does mean getting your head and heart right. It’s gratitude for Jesus Christ being born of a virgin, and fulfilling his obedience to God for the love of you and me. It’s time for us to realize and turn our hearts from the love of things seen and bring ourselves to things unseen.

 

I’ll tell ya about some of my personal Advent season. I have been of vacation for the last week and here’s some of what I’ve been doing. I’ve finished working on a pole barn for a friend; I’ve gathered donated goods for the needy. I have also stopped and helped two young women with a flat tire. On the other hand (ya know its probability not good when a sentence starts with “on the other hand”)  I have rode one of my horses, done some gun shooting, trimmed some horse hooves did a brake job on my wife’s car as well as some Christmas shopping. Now does that sound like “preparation” to you? Then a reminder of what the season is all about hit me square in the backside of my pants.

 

This Sunday I was told the action of the Holy Spirit gave spiritual rebirth to a family member. She became saved, reborn with repentance and followed through with baptism. I could not only see the difference in her eyes, smile and new found joy, but I could hear it in her words and I could feel it in her warmth. “We must carry out all that God requires.” Matt: 3:15. I was very happy for her, as a matter of fact I wanted to saddle my best horse, sink some spur and run all out from here to Cheyenne in pure excitement.

 

To know now with growth the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven will be given to her. I know that not only did she chose God, God choose her. “When the spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth.” John: 16:13.

 

Made me think of the gifts just moments ago that I was so excited to give on Christmas morning seem laughable. I guess now I’ll give what is everlasting and my most prized possession; unconditional love. Not just for family and friends but for all.

 

Remember: Sometimes we step in a pile of horse dong before we know where the horse is. Sometimes we look for God when all along he’s right in front of us.

 

                            May our heavenly father protect you and yours.

                            In the name of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ of the Nazarene.

                            Cowboy Pastor Ty Nazarenus.

No comments:

Post a Comment