Monday, January 21, 2013

Week of 1-21

CRUSADERS’S DEVOTIONAL
01-21-2013/ MONDAY

Where do you keep your joy? Do you leave it out where people can easily see it or do you keep it hidden? Is your joy on your face, your heart and in your words? Or do you keep it hidden safely from the world or place it in your pocket and just pull it out when it is appropriate or excepted. Maybe yet, do you even have true joy?

Sunday, my wife and I gave a 27 year old horse that nobody wanted and was going to be put down to our five year old grandson. Once I placed him on the horse I asked if he knew whose horse he was sitting on. He shook his head no. I told him he was sitting on his horse. Immediately a smile came to his face that was as big and bright as a sunny open sky. The delight on his face was worth every dollar I’ve ever had in my life time. He and the horse took to each other right off the bat. I think they both knew they needed each other and both were ok with that. The old horse would take care of the boy and keep him from harm; in exchange the boy would forever love that old horse. The old horse with the young boy mounted bareback on him walked around with a gleam and glow like a newly married man and woman. Then came the time to take a picture, and the old horse proudly held his head up high and ya couldn’t have wiped the smile of the face of the young rider. You would have thought the two had just won the Kentucky Derby. This was truly one of those moments that you live for. I praise God for that gift he gave me, true joy in giving. It was a lesson I’ll never forget.

Joy comes from finding the specific reason for which we were created and born again and fulfilling that reason. The joy Jesus experienced came from doing what the Father sent him to do. Jesus says to us “As the Father has sent me, I also send you” (John 20:21). Consider your life worthy only to complete that reason. Joy can be hard to find, and for sure the journey for it can bring much pain, “I will show him how many things he must suffer for my name’s sake.” (Acts 9:16). Joy is in the giving, not in the receiving and for the pardon we received from God through Jesus; we received much we should in return give much. It is there that joy can be found.

When we think of being freed from the price of sin, being “filled with the Spirit” (Ephesians 5:18) and walking in the light it is impossible to doubt he is among us always.

I pray that we all find our joy, and may that joy be the kind that can not be taken from us by thieves or fall into rust. For where our treasure is so shall be our hearts. May, in the name of the Father, your reason and joy ride along side you in complete familiarity and understanding.

Remember: Jesus always answers his knee mail.


May peace of mind and joy always be part of your posse.

In The name of our lord Jesus Christ of the Nazarene.

Cowboy Pastor Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment