Monday, February 4, 2013

week of 2-4

CRUSADER’S DEVOTIONAL

I was out cleaning horse stalls the other day when something happened that reminded me of some thing so simple yet so very important. It made me think if I was doing enough of it, could it be seen in me or was it not apparent to those around me that I even possessed it.

I was in Moe’s stall cleaning and moving his feed tank, when Moe came up behind me and gently touched my shoulder with his nose. I turned and looked at him and said “Moe, I have no cookies right now.” Moe then took a step even closer to me put his nose on my chest and just stood there not moving at all. There are things that are shared only between a horse and his rider. Ya see, Moe was talking to me. I looked into his big brown beautiful blind eyes I could hear every thing he was saying. Through his blind eyes, I could see and hear it clearly. Moe was saying “thank you, I can’t see you but I trust you and know your presence, I know I’m safe when you’re here and I hear your familiar voice.

I thought I’m the one who should be thankful. Full grown horse, full of all his God given power and strength lacking only in sight, allowing me into his world of darkness and instinct. An animal that’s first thought is flight, to run, accepting me to be near him, let alone pet and ride him. I can freely move around Moe in complete trust of him not hurting me. Moe is a true friend and at that moment a teacher, giving me a lesson in reminding me of authentic thankfulness.

We must all give thanks to the Lord for all the blessings of this worldly life. Can you image your life or for that matter what this word would be like without the presence of the Wholly Spirit. Just as Moe, we can’t see are care taker but we know who he is, when he is near and that we are safe when he is with us. We all should be thankful because the Lord is good. Thankful for answered prayer. Thankful for salvation. We should give thanks in all circumstances. It is written that our life should be characterized by thankfulness to God (Colossians 3: 15-17).

I give thanks to all those in my live who encourage me to keep reaching beyond my grasp. To those who have forgiven me for my wrongs. I give thanks to all the people in my live because if it were not for them this life would not have purpose. I’m thankful for my family. I ‘m most thankful to God for his grace and this wonderful life he has blessed me with. I am humbled by it all.


Remember: Care and not fine stables, makes a good horse. 




May our lord God be with you and care for you.


In the name of our savior Jesus Christ of the Nazarene.


Cowboy Pastor Ty





No comments:

Post a Comment