Thursday, August 15, 2013

8-13=2013

AROUND THE CAMP FIRE

08- 13-2013/ TUESDAY

I felt it appropriate to change the name of the devotionals to give you all a chance to see what a “Cowboy” sermon might be like, a sample if you will, seeing how a “Cowboy Church” is in the works. Now, I myself am a “Nazarene” That does not mean that you must be. What you must be is your own calling. Remember the “Great Commission”? “Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and he rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. He said to them “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.” (Mark 16: 14-16) NKJV. There are many mansions in the house of the Lord, what is important “For many are called, but few are chosen.” (Matthew 22:14) NKJV. Jesus said this to illustrate that God calls all people to respond to him, but relatively few choose to follow him. What I’m saying is call yourself what denomination you will as long as it is biblically sound and you can say “Christ died for me.”

That brings us to what I’ve learned last week from someone who probably doesn’t even know what God was showing through him. You see, this friend of mine is sick too the point that he might be fighting for his life. As it would be, he went and bought a brand new Harley Davidson “Fat Bob”. He called me and asked if I could help get the bike to his house. Sure enough I hooked up the trailer and down the road I went. When I arrived at the dealer, I saw the bike. Wow! All the custom bells and whistled, great bike. We placed the ramp on the trailer and he asked if I would ride the bike up on the ramp and into the trailer. I said sure. As I rode up the ramp, I was trying real slowly and carefully, then all of a sudden with the bike half in the trailer and half on the ramp I eased the throttle. I’m not sure but I think the ramp moved to the left side of the bike making me put my right foot down to catch my balance. Problem was I did not have enough leg to make up the distance between the ramp and the ground. Going from bad to worse down went the bike half on the ramp and the other half in the trailer. He and I muscled the bike upright and got it on the trailer. After inspection all we found was a little trailer paint on the front fender. Needless to say I felt at that point that my brain cavity was pretty small, like I couldn’t tell horse dung from honey. Much to his credit he said “It’s cool, no problem all is good.” Now if it were my bike I would have had a stroke right then and there. He knew I felt bad and what did he do? He bought me a metal Harley sign and offered to pay me. I felt as if I should replace his brand new bike and here he is giving me gifts.

Now here’s a man with his priorities straight. He knew I felt bad about dropping his brand new Harley and HE WAS THE ONE trying to make ME feel better. I can not say for sure if it is what he is going through or may it is just his nature. He showed more compassion for the person then anger of the incident. Knowing that illness is not unusual but that this man faces it with unusual faith makes me humble in his courage and honored by his showing of love.

I pray “The Lord will strengthen him on his bed of illness; You will sustain him on his sickbed.” (Psalm 41:3) NKJV

We all need to check our priorities. Are they where they should be? Love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness and self-control. Can people see it in your actions words and deeds? If it isn't right you better get it right, because that is what we are all called to do and be.



Remember: youth is a gift from God, but age is a work of art.



CRUSADERS EQUESTRIAN TEAM 

Cowboy Pastor, Ty 

PastorTy@CrusadersEquestrian.org


No comments:

Post a Comment