Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Week of 6/11

CRUSADER’S DEVOTIONAL
June 11, 2013/ Tuesday


Hello all! , First things first, I would like to thank every one to has signed up to receive the “Crusader’s Devotional”. I’m told by our I.T. person it now is requested by 170 people weekly. Praise the good Lord. I’m blessed to be in service of the Lord in any way I can. Now, I would like to share something I recently read with every one. “Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God’s handwriting- a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing. Ralph Waldo Emerson. 

That kind of leads me into what I’d like to bring up this week. The blessing of friendship and the ability to detect the enemy in disguise.

Years ago I helped the “Colorado Horse Rescue” with a few of their horses. I would evaluate the horse to see where it was in temperament and training. That’s where I met “Moe”. Now Moe is unlike any horse I have ever worked. Moe is Buckskin, gentle in nature and good in size. Moe is completely blind. Our friendship was given when we first met. Trust in each other was intentional. A gift from God, as is every thing. Long story short, I adopted Moe and I can say for sure that I’m the only person to ride him to this day. He trusts in what he can not see and I trust in his gentle heart. We make each other better, I’m his eyes and his legs are lent to me. A friendship, I’d guess you would call it. One that comes along but once in a lifetime. God’s blessings can be spiritual not biological, truly “God’s handwriting” is Mine and Moe’s friendship. Friendship is meant for all of us.

It is written “There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.” (Pro. 18:24). Friends we are to have and to be. What an honor it is to be called “friend”. You have heard it said, “There are people who are a blessing when they come, others are a blessing when they leave.” Which are you? Do you bring honor from God’s kingdom to others or shame to the kingdom.

As you might remember in 1 Samuel 18:3, Jonathan made a special vow to be David’s friend.” One that would eventually lead to a division in Jonathan’s own family. Faithful, dependable and loyal. Rare are such things as these. Yet, these things we must be and to so shall our friends. It is better to be slapped by a friend then kissed by an enemy. It takes courage to be a friend, to tell the truth when the truth hurts most. Faithful are the wounds of a friend. 

We must pray to know who our friends truly are. The devil loves deceit, and what a better deception then friendship. Back biters, quarrels, rumors and lies these are all troublesome. A man can be judged well by the enemies he keeps. There are some people out there that once behind you, they will hit ya so hard you’ll be wearing your ears as wings. Stay away from them, but speak to them as you would to a Christian who needs help. 


Remember: Don’t walk behind strange mares; her first kick might be your last.

May the Lord be riding with you on this long trail.

In the name of Jesus Christ of the Nazarene. 

Cowboy Pastor Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment