Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Week of 7/3


CRUSADER’S DEVOTIONAL

07-03-2013/ Tuesday

I hope and pray that all of us have had our eyes open, our ears listening along your hearts softened enough to witness the truth and love of God’s written word shown to us in every day events. If we can only be still long enough to receive such blessing and astute enough to focus on what lesson is being taught to us at that moment. I’ve heard it said that people learn more by example than advice. A lesson that reminded of my bible study was taught to me by a single ant. It happened like this. 

Richard and I were working on my wife’s car that broke down. Richard had to go to his house and get a tool that was needed. I sat on the front bumper talking with Carmen about horse stuff. Just then, Carmen took notice of this red army ant carrying this large piece of cheet grass, as large as he was, through all the obstacles of dirt drive way. Carmen commented on how strong ants must be. The more I watched the more intrigued I became. Here was this ant that if it came to a stick or rock that seemed impassable he would simply turn around build up speed and try again. If that didn’t work after about the second or third try he undoubtedly went around what ever was the obstacle at that time. I moved all the tools and tool box out of his course and watched with admiration and gratitude as he went on his way doing what he was meant to do without the slightest sign of fear or surrendering. In this high tech world of all sorts of gizmos and gadgets I was reminded of a very powerful lesson by an ant. How humbled and thankful I was for the Holy Spirit to take time and show me an “example”.

“If you have faith and don’t doubt, you can do things like this and much more” (Matt. 21:21). The Bible is filled with people, whom just like that ant, did what they were to do despite obstacles. Think of Ester, Noah, Joshua, Daniel, Ruth, Job and the apostle Paul to name just a few. The most profound thing in a person is his will, not sin. With attention and care you have to work out what God works in you. Exhibit the evidence of a life based on unshakeable faith of the perfect redemption of the Lord. Do not bring an opposing will against God’s will-God’s will is your will. Follow it without fear or the thought of surrender.

Now there will be people who have nothing under their hat but hair. They live in doubt, fear and uncertainty. Why they have no more determination than a snake has hips. Do not walk with these people. Don’t let so much “reality” into your head that there’s no room left for dreaming. Believe

That God is the source of your will and that God not only expects you to do his will, but he is in you to do it.

“Be strong and have courage, all you who put your hope in the Lord. (Psalm 31:24). It reminds me of one of my favorite Gospel songs, “Stand by me”, there’s a verse that sings “I’ve never lost a battle stand by me.”



Grace to you and peace from our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Cowboy Pastor: Ty


Pastor Ty@CrusadersEquestrian.org





No comments:

Post a Comment