Monday, October 29, 2012


CRUSADERS DEVOTIONAL
10-29-12/ MONDAY
A few years back we had a filly that one of my daughters was going to train for barrel racing. As with many young uneducated horses, this one had a few corks. The one I found most bothersome was her not willing to be tied out. I feel there is nothing more crazed than to tie your horse to a hitching post only to have it throw a fit. Not only is it a danger to itself and you, but its pretty hard on the tack and hitching post as well. So, I had a friend show me a “for sure and certain way” of tying the filly out that would brake her of this terrible habit.
The very next day I put theory to the test. I tied the filly to the hitching post just as I was shown to do. I stepped back and looked at the filly and the way she was tied and thought this just might work. She raised her head a little bit and stepped back, only to realize that the new pressure she found was not much to her liking so she stepped forward to where she should be. The filly did this about three times and then just stood in place and looked at me as if to say “uncle”. Proud of myself and the newly educated horse, I thought I would let her stand there for a while till she learned respect and I would go into the house for some lunch. I let my guard down, thinking I had one this battle.
When I returned I found not only the filly missing but the hitching post had hightailed it as well. I went and found her on the other side of the property, grazing with the hitching post in tow about ten feet behind her (humbled once again). My Grandfather used to tell me “If ya want to hear God laugh just tell him your plans.” And  it is the same with spiritual warfare. Just as soon as ya think ya got her tied down, she’s up and running again.

We must all understand that spiritual warfare is a war between two kingdoms and that God gave us free will. You and I have to choose whom we serve. The evidence of what kingdom we serve is heard in our words (Mat.15:1). “We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” (Eph. 6:12). High places? Your thinking, high places are the minds and thoughts of man. One of the strong holds of the enemy is the inability to access forgiveness.
We all will face hatred, resentment; fear, bitterness, rejection, jealousy and envy just to name a few. Our enemies are not other people, but in Satan and he will test us to find our weak walls. There are those of us that want the profit but do not want to pay the bills. We surly want forgiveness when it comes to our actions but will not forgive the actions or words of another. We feel that their injustices are far greater then ours. All warfare is based on deception. A smart warrior can defeat a strong one. The Lord’s wisdom is our greatest weapon. God tells us to love. Love begets forgiveness. We must give away the very thing we want.

Remember: When cowboys are too old to set bad examples, they start handin out good advice.
                                      May God our heavenly father bless and hold you well.
                                      In the name of our savior Jesus Christ of the Nazarene
                                                      Cowboy Pastor Ty Nazarenus

No comments:

Post a Comment